The above photograph is the only one which has been published showing me with the bell at the shoulder in the act of pressing. In it I show how to take up a firm position with the feet, and it will be noticed that the right leg is straight contrary to the position generally assumed by the beginner attempting to learn the body press, and even by many a lifter who has had years of experience. In the photograph I show exactly where the elbow should be placed, and it does not require much imagination to gain a correct idea of how the body should fall in the downward direction.
Here are few interesting tips on the bent press.
It is necessary to practice this lift (bent press) all the time; the main thing to start right is to get the barbell right in the center so that the barbell balances itself in the open hand.
- StrongFirst RESILIENT - Seattle, Washington, USA, May 23-24, 2020 $795.00
- StrongFirst RESILIENT - Ashburn, Virginia, USA, May 30-31, 2020 $795.00
StrongFirst RESILIENT - Kraków, Poland, June 13-14, 2020
StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Instructor Certification - Paris, France, July 11-12, 2020
StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Instructor Certification - Prague, Czechia, September 26-27, 2020
- What Makes the Oriental Strong? The Indian Dands 
- Thomas Inch’s Dumbbell Get-Up Tutorial 
- Siegmund Klein: How Much Can You Bent Press? 
- The Ancient Art of Club Swinging
- The Bent Press by Arthur Saxon
- Harold Ansorge: Systematic Practice the Bent Press – 21 Pointers 
- Health & Strength: Light vs. Heavy Dumbbells
- Orlick/Weider: Abdominal Exercises for Strength and Power (1944)
- George Hackenschmidt: One Hand [Dumbbell] Snatch 
- “The Russian Lion” George Hackenschmidt [VIDEO]
abs Arthur Saxon barbell bent press Barbell get-up Bent Press Bruce Lee Code of Honor Combatives dumbbell dumbbell bent press dumbbell get-up dumbbell military press dumbbell press dumbbell swing Eugene Sandow George Hackenschmidt Get-up Hardstyle dumbbell Harold Ansorge Herman Goerner Kettlebell Kettlebell Get-Up kettlebell juggling Kettlebelll Press Kettlebell See-Saw Press kettlebell snatch kettlebell swing Kurt Saxon Monte Saldo old-time strongman Russian Lion SCS See-Saw Press SFL SFL Barbell Shaolin Siegmund Klein SIMPLEX Antifragile Strong StrongFirst StrongFirst SFL Barbell Strongmen Thomas Inch Turkish Get-Up Two Hands Anyhow wrestling