I am working on some stuff regarding Chinese martial arts. I have found an interesting saying from our tradition (Southern Chinese Hung Ga Kyun), written by Grand Master Lam Sai Wing in his “Taming the Tiger in Gung Pattern Manual”, regarding the combat applications of the system:
My combative training is heavily influenced by StrongFirst principles – few things, but better, waviness of the load, continuity of training process, etc.
Example from our MMA lessons: Most of the time we work on the same drills in a “same, but different” way – jab, cross, hook, uppercut, overhand, low kick; Thai clinch, wrestling clinch; takedown from the distance and from the clinch; positional drills on the ground (mount, back mount, side mount, guard), ground and pound, and few very reliable submissions (rear naked choke, armbar, guillotine, Americana, Kimura, triangle choke).
ACCESS YOUR ONLINE COURSE OR PURCHASE IT IN THE ESHOP BELOW!
- Hard Style Dumbbell Swing [VIDEO+MANUAL] $0
- THE FORGE Module: Morning Recharge [ONLINE COURSE] $59
GGP: The Great Gama Protocol [ONLINE COURSE]
- 60 Minutes Online Private Lesson $99
- Kettlebell Simple & Sinister® [ONLINE COURSE] $149
- THE FORGE: Full Year's Transformation Program [ONLINE COURSE] $499
- StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Instructor Certification - Prague, Czechia, April 27- 28, 2024 $895 – $1295
- W.A. Pullum: Three “Correct Posture” Dumbbell Exercises 
- Let’s Give Weightless Squats a Chance 
- W.L. Carquest’s Favorite Old School Leg Strength Exercises
- Edward Aston, The Bent Press: The Wrong Way & The Right Way 
- George F. Jowett: Dumbbell Swing – Master Key to Might and Muscle 
- A Secret “Muscle Control” Bent Press Tip from Thomas Inch 
- [CHALLENGE] #GGP108 Sun Salutations
- York Barbell System of Training: The Bent Press
- Let’s Revive the Bent Press 
- Daily Exercises and Home Development : Part 3 – Foot Exercises & Leg Exercise