The most important thing for a beginner is this, and bear this well in mind: When doing a bent press lift, there is absolutely no thought to be used in pushing the bell with arm power. The bell must remain at the same level in pushing as when it was first placed at shoulder height. The palm of the hand must face the head at this point, and the body must be pressed AWAY from the weight.
10 photos with detailed commentary by one of the last masters of bent press, legendary Siegmund Klein,from his excellent booklet How to Bent Press (1938)!
ACCESS YOUR ONLINE COURSE OR PURCHASE IT IN THE ESHOP BELOW!
- Hard Style Dumbbell Swing [VIDEO+MANUAL] $0
- THE FORGE Module: Morning Recharge [ONLINE COURSE] $59
GGP: The Great Gama Protocol [ONLINE COURSE]
- 60 Minutes Online Private Lesson $99
- Kettlebell Simple & Sinister® [ONLINE COURSE] $149
- THE FORGE: Full Year's Transformation Program [ONLINE COURSE] $499
- StrongFirst SFB Bodyweight Instructor Certification - Prague, Czechia, April 27- 28, 2024 $895 – $1295
- W.A. Pullum: Three “Correct Posture” Dumbbell Exercises 
- Let’s Give Weightless Squats a Chance 
- W.L. Carquest’s Favorite Old School Leg Strength Exercises
- Edward Aston, The Bent Press: The Wrong Way & The Right Way 
- George F. Jowett: Dumbbell Swing – Master Key to Might and Muscle 
- A Secret “Muscle Control” Bent Press Tip from Thomas Inch 
- [CHALLENGE] #GGP108 Sun Salutations
- York Barbell System of Training: The Bent Press
- Let’s Revive the Bent Press 
- Daily Exercises and Home Development : Part 3 – Foot Exercises & Leg Exercise
abs Arthur Saxon Baithaks barbell bent press Barbell get-up Bent Press Bethaks bodyweight bodyweight strength bodyweight strength training Combatives dumbbell dumbbell bent press dumbbell get-up dumbbell military press dumbbell press dumbbells dumbbell swing Eugene Sandow George Hackenschmidt Get-up Hack squat Hanuman protocol Hardstyle dumbbell Harold Ansorge headstand Hindu squats Kettlebell kettlebell juggling Maxick Monte Saldo one-arm pushup overhead squat pistol Russian Lion SCS Siegmund Klein single-leg squat strength training StrongFirst Strongmen The Great Gama Protocol Thomas Inch Two Hands Anyhow wrestling